Part of the beauty of laminate for kitchen countertops or bathroom vanity tops is that it’s easy to clean and maintain.
Follow these five steps for effective laminate countertop cleaning:
- For simple cleaning, use a nylon-bristled hand or vegetable brush, along with a mild liquid detergent-and-water solution or household cleaner.
- For tough stains, use full-strength Fantastik®All Purpose Cleaner, Formula 409®, Pine-Sol® (original formulation) or other mild household cleaner.* Apply the cleanser and allow it to draw out the stain.
- Clean the soiled area using a rotating motion.
- Blot with a clean, damp, non-abrasive cotton cloth.
- Rinse and dry the surface.
When it comes to cleaning laminate, less is more. Never use abrasive cleaners, powders, scouring pads, steel wool, sandpaper, etc. These can damage the surface finish and make it susceptible to staining.
*We recommend testing the cleaner on a small, discreet area first; Formica Corporation cannot be held responsible if a cleaner changes its formulation and it harms the laminate. For more information, please refer to our Use and Care Warranty.